C turned 7 months on Sunday, July 13 and two weeks after that to the day, my little one started crawling. He has been on the move ever since, exploring every inch of our house! It is so cute to see his curiosity in his explorations. I just LOVE the way C crawls! He crawls mostly on all 4's but sometimes keeps his right knee under him and the left bent out to the side like a rudder. Priceless! A is learning to keep the things he likes picked up or C will race to get them. C is keeping us all on the move!
Since I started this post last week and failed to complete it, I must tell you that C has reached another milestone! Last Friday (8/8/08 - cool date), C started pulling himself up on furniture! Today, I noticed that he was even braving only holding on with 1 hand....then he would let go and "stand" stationary with his legs spread apart for about 2 seconds and then fall to the floor to be cushioned by his diaper. C turns 8 months Wednesday and I definitely don't think A was doing this at almost 8 months! C just seems so little to be pulling up, but I guess the race is on to keep up with A!
Also last Tuesday, A showed me out of the blue that he could ride his tricycle! It has been in the backyard and I would push him around and he would ride it a few pedals. I moved it to the garage and he said, "Mommy I want to ride that." I truly didn't think he could, but off he went down the our somewhat-steep driveway steering and pedaling to the end and turned sharply right before running out to the street. I was shocked, amazed and proud! What can I say....sometimes Momma doesn't know best...just most of the time!
I knew that Scott had been swimming with A and teaching him to swim. So I braved the water with 2, as he wrote his Bible class lesson on Saturday morning (8/9). Off we headed to the pool for some cooling off and boy was it crowded! I opted for the baby pool since our community pool doesn't have lifeguards and full of families, teenagers horse playing, etc. I was again truly amazed by A! He was swimming under water, holding his breath, and kicking his feet! He put his arms straight out in front of him, so we need to work on that, but nonetheless..swimming at almost 3 1/2! Over and over his "swam" with no help or life jacket. I sat in the water as a proud Momma looking on at her son in awe. Don't worry....C was in his penguin float right next to me the entire time splashing around and laughing! He LOVES the water!
C continues to love "real" food and eats rice cereal, apples, squash, green peas, banannas, sweet potatoes, mangoes and we are starting carrots tomorrow. He is also learning the joy of puffs, a food that is made out of real fruits or veggies, is star-shaped, filled with air in the middle and dissolves quickly. Oh, the joys of feeding himself. It is truly commical, as sometimes the puffs make it to the mouth and sometimes they don't.
That's our updates! I'll leave you with more summer pics of the boys to tide you over. Until next time...
A Day at the Lake ~ 7/18/08 in Azle, TX
1 comment:
It does seem like Caleb has grown up way too fast! That just means that you and Scott need to add the little girl Muse to the fam! Thank you so much for saying that my girls were cute on Sunday morning! You are such a sweet friend! If you don't watch out, Caleb is going to be running to his tricycle in a few weeks.
Post a Comment