Friday, August 5, 2011

Survey Says...

We had our 16 week appointment today (August 4, 2011) with Dr. New.  He is just the greatest!  We saw the baby's hands waving around and he told the boys it was practicing karate chopping.  Last time, it was karate kicks because the legs were kicking everywhere.  We heard the heartbeat and saw the head.  And the most important part of the visit was hoping to get a sneak peak of the gender.  After lots and lots of looking, we finally got a clear shot and a confirmation of a......GIRL!!


Can you believe it?  Scott was convinced that a Muse couldn't have a girl!  He had two brothers, his brother has a son and we have two boys, so he just knew that Peanut #3 just had to be a boy!

I'm very thankful that Scott didn't care either way.  I'm very thankful that we prepared our boys for not always getting what we want or for everything that we ask of God.  Months before we were pregnant, A said, "When we have another baby, I just know it will be a sister because I've been telling God that I want one."  He took the words right out of my mouth.  I had been praying for another baby and had asked God to be able to experience the joy of a girl too.  The boys are SO happy to be having a sister.  They were both smiling and said, "YES!" when Dr. New said it was a sister.

I'm thankful beyond measure to have 2 boys close together!  I love (not always, but appreciate) the fact that they are boys and wrestle, and antagonize each other, and constantly chase each other around, play Bat Man and Spider Man or whatever Super Hero or boy figure, play with light sabers and enjoy being brothers.  But I'm thankful that God knows my heart and has planned this all along for us.  Even if this baby had been a boy, I would still be thankful and overjoyed to have another baby to love and hold and teach about God's love.  I cannot tell you enough how elated I am that God heard my prayers and knew the innermost part of my heart to bless us with a baby girl.  We are thrilled to begin a new journey and experience the excitement of the other side - GIRLS!!


 C wanted a picture with baby too.

A took this shot.

13 weeks, 2 days

I love this dress and thought it might make a cute shot, but it was hard to see the baby.

Take 2: 
15 weeks

 Momma & Baby Girl at 16 weeks

1 comment:

Christy Hendrickson said...

YAY!!! Congrats on girls!! Now, how much STUFF do you want me to bring you??????